HOLIDAY TRAVEL INSURANCE
A tailored travel insurance scheme is available for all passengers travelling on our holidays arranged with ETI – International Travel Protection (ERV), the UK branch of Europäische Reiseverscherung AG, who are licensed by the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BAFIN – www.bafin.de) and approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA – www.fca.org.uk) to undertake insurance business in the UK. Should you wish to take advantage of our travel insurance please include the appropriate premium when booking your holiday.
DEMANDS AND NEEDS
This insurance policy will suit the demands and needs of an individual or group (where applicable) who have no excluded medical condition(s), are travelling in countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure themselves against unforeseen events detailed in the cover section below. Subject to the terms, conditions and maximum specified claim limits.
We will not provide you with advice about the suitability of this product for your individual needs but will be happy to provide you with factual information.
We summarise below the details of the insurance cover provided which also includes SPECIALTY ASSISTANCE LTD – 24-hour emergency service. The following is a brief summary of the cover available. Full details of cover and exclusions will be forwarded with your confirmation of booking. In any event you may ask for a specimen copy of the policy wording before booking should you wish to examine this in advance.
|COVER||SUM INSURED UP TO|
|Cancellation||£1,500 UK & Europe
|Missed Departure||£100 UK
|Medical & Other Expenses (Including Curtailment)||£2,000,000|
|Medical Inconvenience Benefit||£100 UK
£450 Europe & Worldwide
|Personal Property / Loss of Passport/td>||£1,500 / £200|
Loss of Deposit £20 excess each and every loss per insured person. Cancellation and holiday abandonment, medical and other expenses, curtailment and additional travelling expenses (United Kingdom) carries a £60 excess for each and every loss per insured person. Personal property and money carries a £50 excess for each and every loss per insured person.
You or anyone else named on this policy must have been a resident in the UK for the past 6-months.
PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS
You must be able to comply with the following conditions to have the full protection of your policy.
If you do not comply we may refuse to deal with any relevant claim or reduce the amount of any relevant claim payment.
If you are travelling within the United Kingdom You are not required to declare your medical conditions. However, you must be able to comply with the following:
- You are not aware of any reason why the trip could be cancelled or cut short
- You are not travelling: a) against the advice of a medical practitioner, b) for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment or c) if you have been given a terminal prognosis.
- You are not receiving or awaiting treatment for any illness or injury as a hospital day case or inpatient as any claim arising from the illness or injury will not be covered.
- If you are on medication at the time of travel your medical condition must be stable and well controlled.
If you are travelling outside of the United Kingdom You must telephone the Towergate Medical Line on 0344 892 1698 if anyone to be covered by this policy, or any person upon whose health the trip depends:
1. Has or has had a medical condition
2. Is taking prescribed medication
3. Has or has had any medical condition still requiring periodic review
4. Is awaiting any tests, treatment, investigation, referral or the results of these.
The Towergate Medical Line office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
PLEASE NOTE – You must also notify the Towergate Medical Line immediately of any changes in medical circumstances arising between the date the policy is issued and the time of departure for the trip. You may have to pay an additional premium to cover your medical conditions. This applies to all destinations outside the United Kingdom.
- Any existing medical conditions unless they have been declared to (where appropriate) and accepted by the insurer.
- Your participation in any organised sports, winter sports or dangerous activities unless they have been declared to and accepted by the Insurer.
- Suicide or the wilful exposure to exceptional personal risk.
- For anything caused directly or indirectly by you suffering from stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental or nervous disorder unless it has been investigated and diagnosed as such by either a registered mental health professional if you are under the care of a Community Mental Health Team or if not, by a consultant specialising in the relevant field, who must confirm in writing, at your cost, that you are fit enough to take this trip.
- Travel against the advice of the carrier, any other public transport provider, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office or the World Health Organisation.
- Motorcycle travel during the insured trip where the engine size exceeds 125cc.
- Any manual work or hazardous occupation undertaken during the insured trip.
- The bankruptcy / liquidation of the tour operator, travel agent or transportation company with whom you have booked your trip.
Examples of these and other conditions and restrictions and what to do if you are unsure about any aspect of an exclusion are contained within your policy information. If after purchasing a policy should you find it does not meet your requirements you have 14 days from the date of issue, or prior to travel (whichever is sooner) to cancel the policy.
Frank Elliot t/a Memory Lane Holidays & Travel an Appointed Representative of ITC Compliance Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their firm reference is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.